Many of us would like a career in sports. For most of us, that sort of job remains a dream. However, you don’t have to work in sports in order to enjoy all that being a sports fan has to offer. If you are a sports fanatic, you can get your fix on Facebook. Pretend to be a sports management professional and build your own team. Take charge and use your sports savvy to build the best team ever. Here are 25 Facebook apps meant for sports fans: [click to continue…]
Fans gasp when sports personalities are injured, especially when the injury is televised and then re-broadcast on the Internet in venues such as YouTube. Sports managers might take the blow of a sports injury even more personally in a high-stress job that requires healthy athletes. This list of the top 20 most bizarre sports injuries ever chronicles some of the strangest accidents in the sports world since 1862. [click to continue…]
With smart phones now running Android, the Google OS, application developers are providing products and services for enthusiasts to carry around with them. Sports agents know that they need to be updates all the time, so it’s a good thing Android has so many apps for sports fans. And plenty of these applications are free. Here are 50 of the essential Android apps for sports fans:
[click to continue…]
As a society, we love watching professional athletes. They are interesting, and they lead lives that are so different from our own. As a result, it is little surprise that we are interested in following their moves — and even reading about their thoughts. Technology and the Internet have made it possible for professional athletes to interact with fans via blogs and through social media, like Twitter. Indeed, some sports agents encourage blogging and social media use by professional athletes as a way to further promote the “brand.” Here are 50 of the top official blogs by professional athletes: [click to continue…]
If you seek professional athletes to follow on Twitter, you can find many 2010 Olympians and NBA (National Basketball Association) stars. But, if you want to find baseball players, tennis athletes and golfers, the number of professionals with more than 20,000 followers are few and far between. The top 50 pro athletes listed below were based upon their Twitter popularity, but we limited the number of the most popular sports to ten, and combined baseball and tennis for a total of five Twitter users in those two sports. [click to continue…]
Web applications can be understood from the phenomenal development of computer solutions using programming language to deliver out certain results in diverse areas and fields. Web applications are generally made to ease out a complex situation and most of the times are connected with a database. Sports are one such area where web applications are extensively used. Below are given some web applications related to the field of Athletics.
- Training Peaks: It is a Peakware’s premier software that deals into TrainingPeaks in highly recognized tool for monitoring, analyzing and planning human performance. It is used by many individuals, professionals and businesses to take help from the software as to achieve their goals in health, fitness and athletic performance.
- Active Recruiting: This started as in 2002 as an effort to let sport person to have a visibility on NFL kicker and it worked successfully. Now Active recruiting helps athletes to have maximum edge and reach to recruiters for a frame- by-frame review of a nationwide pool of athletic talent. Overall this tool lets an athlete to maximize its exposure to college recruiters with key stats, highlights & videos to hundred of top college and universities.
- Peak Sports: This website is provided with proven sports psychology strategies to boost mental toughness and improvement on performance. It provides in forms of sports tools, articles and games psychology tips for athlete, coach or sports parents. More one can have mental toughness articles, podcasts and sports psychology e-books over here.
- Triathlontraining4life.com: Here one can have Triathlon training under proven scientific triathlon training system that is guarantee for increased speed, endurance, strength and power. This particular system is designed in such a manner to benefit triathletes at every level. Training programs are prepared by dedicated sports professionals.
- Athlete 360.com: This site is very important for race enthusiasts as it is provided with a good number of article, features and other utilities for the benefit of Athletes. It also keeps on organizing beneficial events as well as practice sessions for Athletes.
- iPump Free Workout: Collection of over four thousand images and videos, this application is a very serious device for athlete. Here, he can get tips for props, recommendations and the ability do a drag and drop workouts. And it has nearly 400 already programmed workouts and most of them are free.
- Lose It: It is a helpful intuitive, and complete nutritional database and statistic tracker where vitals such as current weight, gender, and goals can be put into in order to calculate daily calorie budget for an athlete to lose his weight.
Ever wanted to be a sports agent and represent some of the biggest names in the sports world? Ever wanted to have one of the world-class team managers’ jobs as coach to the world’s top sports teams? Did you ever want to be a renowned fitness instructor, or trainer? Then pursuing a degree in Sports Management is the best gateway to these careers and more. It is also very convenient if taken online as you can tailor your classes and courses according to your schedule so you do not have to attend school exclusively, you can also work or do other duties in your life with flexibility. Below are some of the best universities that offer Online Sports Management courses and accreditation:
1. University of Phoenix
Founded in 1976 and with over 200 campuses worldwide, it is easy to see why an online degree from the largest private university in USA and Canada is a viable option for your Associate Degree in Sports Management. The courses are comprehensive and the tutorials are up to date.
2. Ashford University
Founded in 1918, this institution will offer a Bachelor’s Degree in Sports and Recreation Management online for an affordable cost and provide you with the best course material to get you passing with flying colors.
3. California University of Pennsylvania
This university offers a Bachelor of Science in Sport Management and a Master of Science in Sports Management studies. The bachelor’s course offers fitness and wellness courses, sports management, communications and marketing. The Master’s degree is the next step and takes about 13 months to complete.
4. West Virginia University
They offer minors in Athletic training, personal training, and a Bachelor of Science in Sports Management. In this case, they might also require you to take communications, business studies, and various other sciences before you consideration to take on this degree. You do not have to have necessarily taken them at the said university but if you qualify then you are good to go. Their website has a wealth of information on courses available.
5. Drexel University
Recognized worldwide, their Masters in Sports Management course is a great option if you wish to study sports management online. There is a requirement to finish a thesis and project and one-week on-campus session in Philadelphia.
These are some of the campuses across America that could have what you want out of your Sports Management career aspirations. This is a much cheaper, less of a hassle, flexible and interesting way to take your university or college course and you can finish them in your own time, according to the regulations in the institution of choice.