As a society, we love watching professional athletes. They are interesting, and they lead lives that are so different from our own. As a result, it is little surprise that we are interested in following their moves — and even reading about their thoughts. Technology and the Internet have made it possible for professional athletes to interact with fans via blogs and through social media, like Twitter. Indeed, some sports agents encourage blogging and social media use by professional athletes as a way to further promote the “brand.” Here are 50 of the top official blogs by professional athletes:
- Kevin Durant: A popular player for the Oklahoma City Thunder, Durant posts is thoughts, and even offers video and other interesting tidbits.
- Chris Bosh: Toronto Raptors player Chris Bosh regular updates his video blogs on YouTube with interesting thoughts and often amusing antics.
- Dwyane Wade: Popular Miami Heat player Dwyane Wade keeps his fans updated somewhat regular with news and thoughts.
- Dwight Howard: Another young player, this time playing for the Orlando Magic, knows the value of keeping his fans happy with insights and information.
- Carmelo Anthony: This Denver Nuggets star has been popular since his days at Syracuse University. Learn more about him, and what’s happening.
- Josh Howard: Read the latest news from Josh Howard, a player for the Washington Wizards. One fun feature: A look at his cars.
- Mark Cuban: So he isn’t an NBA player. But this Mavericks owner is one of the most colorful and interesting people involved with pro sports.
- Chamique Holdsclaw: Musings and insights into the world of WNBA from this Atlanta Dream forward.
- Renee Montgomery: Fun thoughts from this spunky and stylish player for the Connecticut Sun.
- Cappie Pondexter: Get interesting insights on playing ball and on life from this guard playing for the Phoenix Mercury.
- Swin Cash: Watch video blogs and get Twitter updates from this Seattle Storm player.
- Lisa Leslie: Writes periodic blog posts. Interesting look into the thoughts of this L.A. Sparks basketball star.
- Joe Nathan: This Minnesota Twins pitcher offers news and information on his official blog.
- 38 Pitches: Popular Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling blogs about baseball and about life.
- Nick Swisher: Get news from New York Yankees player Nick Swisher, watch YouTube videos and email him through “Ask Nick.”
- Matt Antonelli: This gregarious player for the San Diego Padres keeps a fairly up to date blog. It’s picking up even more now with Spring Training.
- Colin Balester: This pitcher for the Washington Nationals blogs about baseball, life and more.
- Drew Brees: Popular New Orleans Saints quarterback has a blog with video, his insights, and more.
- Nick Barnett: Barnett has a multimedia site, with blog posts, videos, and a great forum. He plays for the Green Bay Packers.
- Kerry Rhodes: This young player for the New York Jets posts on his blog, and includes links to his Facebook and his Twitter.
- Larry Fitzgerald: This player for the Arizona Cardinals offers a number of blog posts, pictures and videos for his fans.
- Chad Ochocinco: This Cincinnati Bengals player is renowned for speaking his mind and saying outrageous things. He uses his Facebook account like a blog, posting regular insights.
- Darius Butler: New England Patriots player offers thoughts on football — even in the off season.
- Jamal Anderson: This retired running back offers insight into what’s going on with football now, and other sports.
- Mike Green: Plays for the Washington Capitals and offers news and personal insights.
- Kevin Weekes: This New Jersey Devils player doesn’t write all of his blog posts, but he writes some of them. Other related news items are written by someone else.
- Ted Leonsis: He’s not a player, but he is the owner of the Washington Capitals, and has a lot to say about hockey.
- Brian Ching: This Houston Dynamo player offers insights into playing soccer and what he’s doing in life.
- Charlie Davies: Specializes in video blogging, and has his own YouTube channel.
- Léo Moura: This Brazilian footballer plays for Brazil’s Flamengo. He has a great blog — but you have to know Portuguese if you want to read it.
- Danny Dichio: This Toronto FC player analyzes soccer and more on his blog.
- Landon Donovan: This blog updates news about the L.A. Galaxy player, and you can get Donovan’s own thoughts by reading his Facebook feed on the front page.
- Stuart Holden: Keep up with this Houston Dynamo player’s life, and read his thoughts on the Twitter stream next to the news updates. He also has a blog that he uses to occasionally write longer posts.
- Freddie Ljungberg: The Seattle Sounders footballer speaks his mind about soccer — and anything else that he happens to be thinking about.
- Alecko Eskandarian: Another L.A. Galaxy player, he keeps his blog on Facebook.
Golf has been in the news a lot, thanks to Tiger Woods. But he’s not the only golfer out there.
- Paul Casey: This rising golf star blogs about his golf game and more.
- Rory McIlroy: The European tour golfer keeps you up to date on what’s going on in European golf, and his insights.
- Stuart Appleby: Find his schedule, and read his advice on golfing.
- Natalie Gulbis: This LPGA golfer shares her thoughts on golf, fashion and more.
- Janell Howland: Keeps you up to date on what’s going on in her life and with her golf game.
- Nicole Hage: Another LPGA golfer, Hage use here Facebook as a blog.
- Andy Murray: This tennis player blogs about his training, his games, and more.
- Kim Clijsters: Read the latest posts from Clijsters, and get news updates and watch video.
- Anne Keothavong: Follow training, and get her thoughts on tennis, and what’s next.
- Serena Williams: Posts fairly regularly about tennis, and about her clothing line and fashion in general.
- Venus Williams: Big sister also has her own blog, and she posts about her travels and her tennis.
- Shaun White: This professional snowboarder is always interesting. Read his thoughts in the Facebook widget by the news updates.
- Amanda Beard: This professional swimmer and Olympic athlete provides insights and tips.
- Brian Boitano: Professional figure skater offers insight into the Olympics, as well as videos, recipes and more.
- Jennie Finch: Professional softball player shares her thoughts on life and ball.
If you enjoyed this article, please Save it on Delicious.