With smart phones now running Android, the Google OS, application developers are providing products and services for enthusiasts to carry around with them. Sports agents know that they need to be updates all the time, so it’s a good thing Android has so many apps for sports fans. And plenty of these applications are free. Here are 50 of the essential Android apps for sports fans:
- Live Scores: Get simple and fast stores for a number of sports, including NFL, NCAA, MLB, NBA and NHL.
- Google Scoreboard: Want the latest schedules, scores and standings for your favorite basketball, football, baseball, soccer and college sports teams? Get it from Google Scoreboard. Also includes golf.
- SportsTap: Great sports news portal for Android that offers access to NFL, NBA, NHL, NCAA, NASCAR, tennis, golf and soccer.
- College Football Headlines: Get the latest headlines from college football from the sports TV shows.
- College Basketball News: Find out what’s happening in the world of college basketball, including interviews.
- Sports News: ESPN offers this helpful sports news app for Android, updating automatically and providing the ability to share to Twitter and Facebook.
- Scoreboard & News: Headlines, sports scores and more, from around the world — especially Europe.
- BBC Sports News: Get the latest sports headlines and news from the BBC.
- Fox Sports News: What you need to know about the latest happenings in the world of sports from Fox Sports.
- Sky Sports News Widget: Sky News offers you the latest sports headlines, with an emphasis on football.
- Real Fake Sports: This is a fun app that provides access to satire and parody sports news.
- World Cup – With Forum: This app keeps you up to date on the 2010 World Cup, including matches leading up to the main event, and forum support.
- Enjoy World Cup: Countdown, schedule stats and more. Get ready for the World Cup!
- 2010 World Cup: Get match reminders and share your comments with this Android application aimed at the World Cup.
- Who’s in the Final?: This fun, interactive Android app is designed to help you map out different routes your team can take to the World Cup final.
- Days to World Cup: Countdown the days to the world cup with this slick app.
- News World Series Baseball: Follow the road to the World Series with this app that will keep you updated with records and chances.
- Big East Basketball Tournament: Keep up with how the men and women in the Big East are doing with NCAA basketball competition.
- Talk Hoops: Get the lowdown on the NCAA men’s basketball tournament, enjoying March Madness. (Includes pro basketball, too.)
- Superbowl Soundboard: So it’s not about the football. It’s about the commercials. Some of the great commercials from Superbowls past.
- Superbowl MVP: Pit your knowledge of Superbowl trivia against a machine.
- Seer Android: This app is designed for tennis fans interested in Wimbledon. IBM offered last year, and will hopefully offer it again this year.
- Aces Tournament Timer – Texas Hold’em: Keep track of poker tournaments with this tournament timer.
- NFL SuperFan: You can get this app to help you check stats and scores. If buy a subscription to NFL SuperFan on top of having the app, you get the bonus of being able to watch live streams of the Red Zone Channel and each NFL Sunday Ticket game.
- AFL Live Scores: Interested in Australian football? This app will help you keep up with professional AFL scores live.
- MLB Headlines: Get the latest professional baseball headlines from ESPN.
- Baseball Scores: Get detailed box scores and play-by-play descriptions.
- NBA Game Time Lite: Live scoring app keeps you updated on the latest action, and scouting features let you see what’s coming.
- Livescore: Keep up with the latest live scores from professional soccer leagues around the world.
- Soccer Score Centre: Stay up to date with league scores from around the world.
- Tennis Math: Get tennis match scores and professional stats, helping you stay up to date.
- Live Racing 2010: Formula 1 racing, lap by lap.
- Horse Racing News: Keep updated on the professional horse racing circuit. Latest stats and information.
- SportsTracker: Monitor your own sports performance and outdoor activities with the help of this GPS sports application.
- Workout Forge: Chain workouts together, and time your tabata, fartlek, circuit training or HIIT routines.
- trainANDtrack! Lite: Train yourself, and track your progress. Even comes with an emergency SMS button in case you need help.
- StopWatch: This simple Android app allows you a stopwatch to help with your individual training. Can run in the background and features tactile feedback.
- DroidCaddie Golf: Great sports app for the amateur golfer looking to improve his or her game.
- Golf ScoreKeeper: Keep track of your scores and stats, tracking your progress. Map golf courses with the help of a GPS function.
- CaddieMe Free: Golf range finder to help you view the distance you need to reach the front of the green on a growing number of courses.
- DiveLog: Diver? Use this app to keep a log of your dives, and map your locations.
- Gaggle: Are you into paragliding, hang gliding or sail plane piloting? If so, this application is for you, offering GPS based flight information, and more.
- World Series of Mahjong Lite: Test your Mahjong skills with international standard rule.
- Snooker Scoreboard Lite: Track your snooker matches and stats.
- Donkey Dealer: Great timer for poker games. Monitor blinds, and customize the timer to your requirements.
- CBS Sports Pro Football: In addition to offering news and information, you can access your fantasy football team, keeping track of how your players are doing.
- Razzball FB: Insider tips and information designed to help you win your fantasy football league.
- Fantasy Baseball Draft 2010: Get ready for the new season with this “cheat sheet” for fantasy baseball.
- Tipping Pitches: Get commentary and opinion, as well as tips, related to the world of fantasy sports.
- Razzball BB: Access a plethora of helpful tips related to fantasy baseball.
If you enjoyed this article, please Save it on Delicious.